Ride Time and Location:
- Saturday, August 28th, 2021 4:00 AM – 6:00 AM to Sunday, August 29th, 2021 12:00 AM (PDT)
- Salinas Valley Fairgrounds
625 Division Street, King City, CA 93930
- Catered pre-ride dinner on Friday evening from 6 pm to 9 pm at Salinas Valley Fairgrounds: $15 (vegetarian dishes available, please RSVP at registration)
- Nearby restaurants
Course: (an alternate out-and-back course for 2021)
The alternate route is tentative pending final permit approval from the counties. Feel free to upload this route to your navigation device with the caveat that road or weather conditions may force us to change the route at the last minute. You will receive the official cue sheet in your rider packet.
Registration & Check-in:
Online Registration will be open on Monday, April 5th, 2021. It will be closed once we have received 200 entries, or at 12:00 noon on Monday, August 23rd, whichever occurs first. Please contact Dzung Dang via email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to sign up after online registration closes (a late fee of $30 will be added!). See who’s registered.
Double Century: $135/person – Fully supported ride including 7 rest stops, 1 water stop, plenty of GREAT FOOD at every stop, plus a delicious catered hot meal at the end of your ride.
Pre-ride dinner on Friday: $15/person (vegetarian dishes available, please RSVP at registration).
Tent camping on Friday/Saturday: $25/site/night (campground with hot showers and flush toilets, please book at registration).
Pre-ride check-in at Salinas Valley Fairgrounds, 625 Division Street, King City, CA 93930:
Friday, August 27th evening from 18:00 to 21:00
Saturday, August 28th morning from 03:30 – 05:30
The Carmel Valley Double (CVD) is a private event for XeDapViet Cycling Club members Only. Registration fee includes membership in the XeDapViet Cycling Club through December 31st, 2021.
The time limit will be 20 hours. The event has an open start window from 04:00 to 06:00. All riders MUST be on the course by 06:00. Riders have until midnight to complete (with intermediate cut-off times at rest stops that correlate to a midnight finish). Please note that our lunch stop at Big Sur Deli (@ Mile 105) will NOT be open until 11:00. Riders who can average 15 mph or faster please start between 05:30 to 06:00.
- Please review 2021 COVID-19 Protocol.
- Obey all California Vehicle Code rules.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- Light Requirements: The Carmel Valley Double has open start window from 04:00 to 06:00 in the dark and could, depending on your speed, potentially end in the dark. Working lights are mandatory for the start of the Carmel Valley Double Century – NO EXCEPTIONS. Reflective ankle bands and reflective vest are also required before sunrise and after sunset.
- Sunrise is at 06:40 and sunset is at 19:50 on Saturday, August 28th, 2021.
- All riders who abandon the event must call the Ride Director’s number located on the bottom of the route sheet.
- All riders must check in with volunteers at each rest stop or be disqualified.
- Personal SAG vehicles are not allowed. Any rider with private SAG will be disqualified and will lose California Triple Crown credit. We do, however, welcome Volunteers.
- All riders and volunteers must sign the release form that will be available at check-in, or they will not be allowed to participate.
- Carmel Valley Double (CVD) volunteer policy: If you (or a family member) contribute on the day of the ride, or help significantly just before or after the ride, then you or they may ride for half price on ride day, or join us at no charge at our fully supported Workers Ride.
- The Workers Ride is a fully supported ride of the entire course, and counts as a double for purposes of the California Triple Crown. To qualify, you must work a minimum of one four-hour shift at one of the CVD rest stops on ride day.
- Workers Ride date: Saturday, September 11th, 2021.
- Please register for the Workers Ride via email ‘email@example.com’.
- Please use the following California Triple Crown URL to register to volunteer for CVD.
- The Carmel Valley Double is fully supported. Ride support includes 7 full rest stops and 1 water stop, all stocked with signature cycling food / beverages and plenty of options for vegetarians. Lunch will be served at Rest Stop #4 in Big Sur (Mile 105). There will be a catered dinner at the finish (Mile 200).
- Full SAG support along the entire course.
- Rest stops’ open and close times are based on 04:00 start. Faster riders who can finish the course in less than 17 hours are asked to start between 05:00 to 06:00 so our volunteers at rest stops can serve you better.
- Special thanks to everyone who makes this ride possible. This ride would not exist but for the support of countless individuals and their families.
Here is the link to CVD results history courtesy of Charlie Irwin – the CTC Data Guy, who compiled, organized, and sorted these data. Big thanks go out as well to Chuck Bramwell, the CTC Executive Director, for providing and sharing these valuable data to us.